Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Schedule (Plan) - Important For Adults

For some reason, having my kids on a schedule is easy.

Having myself on a schedule is HARD.

My kids have always been on a schedule. I read Babywise and it helped me plan a schedule for my kids. I could not function without my kid's schedule.

After talking to my husband, I realized how important it was (for my family) for me to be on a schedule. I love the Fly Lady website. I don't love the look or layout of it, but it has a lot of valuable information regarding house keeping and putting yourself on a schedule.

Success in anything requires a plan.

Below is an outline of my housekeeping plan. The Fly Lady's schedule can be too involved and it all doesn't really apply to me. I have "dumbed" it down to apply to my life. If your an "overwhelmed mama" like myself, I encourage you to do the same.

In life, it helps to have a plan, but it is crucial to stick to that plan and carry it out.

6:45am
     -Wake Up
     -Read Bible
     -Review Scripture Memory Verses
     -Pray
-I have a Bible ap (You Version) on my IPhone with different Bible reading plans. My church is doing the Chronological reading plan, so that is the one I follow. I realized the first thing I did in the morning was get my phone and check Twitter.  The Bible reading plan being right there on my phone helps me to stay disciplined and read each morning.

7:15am - Get Ready
7:30-7:45am - Kids up
7:45-8:30am
     -Breakfast
     -Empty Dishwasher
     -1 Load of Laundry
8:30-10:00am - Play, Flashcards, etc.
10:00am - John - Nap
10:00-12:00pm - Clean (Pick an area each day)
     -Monday (Downstairs - Kitchen, Living Room, Playroom, 1/2 Bathroom)
     -Tuesday (Upstairs - Bedrooms & Bathrooms)
     -Wednesday (Vacuum & Dust Downstairs)
     -Thursday (Finish cleaning all other areas)
     -Friday, Saturday, Sunday (Free Days)
12:00-1:00pm - Lunch
1:00-2:00pm - Play time
2:00pm - Nap time
2:00 - 3:30pm
     -Fold and put away laundry
     -Computer time
     -Get dinner ready
3:30 - 5:30pm
     -Snack time
     -Play time
     -Prepare Dinner
5:30pm - Dinner
6:00-7:00pm - Hang out
7:00pm - Bath time
7:45-8:00pm - Kids go to bed
8:00-9:00pm - Exercise (P90X)
9:00-10:00pm
     -Shower
     -Pick Up
     -Plan tomorrow with Justin
     -Load/Run Dishwasher
10:00-10:45pm
     -Read
     -Bed


Everyone's plan will be different, and that is okay.

Everyone (men, women, students, singles) can be on a schedule. We should all have goals in our life. Our schedule (or plan) should help us take daily steps to achieve those goals.

Life is crazy!  Be realistic when making your schedule. Realize, everyday will not go perfectly according to your plan.  Be flexible and keep your goals in mind.

I want to be the best wife and mother I can be. My schedule should reflect that goal.

Do you have a schedule?

What are your goals in life?

Does your schedule reflect those goals?

Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear.

2 comments:

K K said...

When you write a schedule out like that you realize how much time you do have in a day! I did something similar last fall and somewhat stuck to it- then I had days for everything grocery day, plan meals day, laundry days, exercise days ;-) I hope you're doing well!

Heather said...

This is soooo motivating to do the same. Our problem is that we get on a schedule and everything goes crazy. Lance just graduated, but I'm still a full time college student, mommy to two under two, and a Journey intern. Lance works weird hours and is also an intern as well as on the Sunday and Wednesday worship team, so...practice nights :(. I'm totally going to plan something out and see what we could do though. Our girls are on a schedule; I so want to be on one too!