Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is Kate Really Nine Months Old?

This past week has been crazy with Kate sick and my sister-in-law in town. Sorry for the delay on this post.... I planned on posting this (and started writing) last Wednesday, February 4th (thinking it was the day that Kate turned 9 months old). I was talking to Justin that morning (of the 4th) telling him that I can't believe Kate turned 9 months today, etc. and he had to tell me that I was off a day. She had turned 9 months old on Tuesday (the 3rd). Yes, I am her mother... Yes, I should know what day it is and what day she was born... I seriously think I am loosing it.

Anyway, I wanted to update you all on how much my baby has grown. I seriously don't know what we did before we had her. She is definitely a daddy's girl (click here to see her say dada). She lights up and gets so excited every time she sees her daddy. She has the chubbiest cheeks, which I must give a hundred kisses a day.

We are starting to see her personality(we are hoping she has a good one). We are working on her crawling.. she scoots (army crawls) everywhere. She is pulling herself up. She is working on other sounds, but still only says DaDa (and smiles every time she says it). She is very curious and into everything.

She has no teeth (we think she is getting one, but don't really know what to look for), weighs 18 pounds and is 30 inches long. She has big, blue eyes and I love them!

For some reason this week, I am sad and shocked at how quickly she is growing up. I am looking forward to the next stages in her life, but I am sad that my little baby girl is getting big.

2 comments:

lea said...

oh my gosh! she is more adorable by the DAY!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. i finally decided to tell everyone about my blog. i've linked yours to mine. hope that's ok. you do know that KaB is one day older than precisous Kate? we just got a tooth last week and he has finally started crawling with his hand (not elbows) just this weekend. Hope yall are great!