Man, I have ADD - That is not the second step.
The second step is getting on a SCHEDULE and STICKING TO IT! Especially when it comes to housework. Meal planning is definitely easier than this, trust me. If you saw my house right now, you would immediately tell me to STOP BLOGGING and CLEAN. Well, I am doing laundry while blogging - so, again I get stars for multi-tasking.
The expert in the area of making and keeping a schedule (specifically housework) is Fly Lady. If you haven't been to her site.. GO, READ, LEARN...DO. She recommends to start with baby steps (which I love). Two things I try to definitely do are... clean the sink / run the dish washer every night and unload it in the morning. Secondly, put one load of laundry in each morning. I think those are two things that can pile up.. and most women HATE doing. I also love how she breaks up the house into sections.. her plan would even work well for women who work, not only SAHMs.
Here are her 11 Commandments.. we all need to go by!
- Keep your sink clean and shiny.
- Get dressed every morning, even if you don’t feel like it. Don’t forget your lace-up shoes.
- Do your morning and before bedtime routine everyday.
- Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked by the computer.
- Pick up after yourself. If you get it out, put it away.
- Don’t try to do two projects at once. ONE JOB AT A TIME.
- Don’t pull out more than you can put back in one hour.
- Do something for yourself everyday, maybe every morning and night.
- Work as fast as you can to get the job done. This will give you more time to play later.
- Smile even when you don’t feel like it. It is contagious. Make your mind up to be happy and you will be.
- Don’t forget to laugh everyday. Pamper yourself, you deserve it.
BONUS - FREEBIE FRIDAY - over on our giveaways site, we are giving away a Beaba Babycook - Babyfood Maker. It is valued at $150 - enter at http://www.chicgiveaways.com/.
Have a great weekend!!