Friday, September 18, 2009

What's the second step to being an efficient wife?

This is the final day of the efficient wife theme on my blog.. I got one encouraging comment from the last post.. so I thought.. OK.. I'll keep it coming. Obviously I am not an expert.. and need a lot of work in this area. But... I thought I would share that I am currently updating my IPhone while writing this blog.. so, multi-tasking = efficient.

Man, I have ADD - That is not the second step.

The second step is getting on a SCHEDULE and STICKING TO IT! Especially when it comes to housework. Meal planning is definitely easier than this, trust me. If you saw my house right now, you would immediately tell me to STOP BLOGGING and CLEAN. Well, I am doing laundry while blogging - so, again I get stars for multi-tasking.

The expert in the area of making and keeping a schedule (specifically housework) is Fly Lady. If you haven't been to her site.. GO, READ, LEARN...DO. She recommends to start with baby steps (which I love). Two things I try to definitely do are... clean the sink / run the dish washer every night and unload it in the morning. Secondly, put one load of laundry in each morning. I think those are two things that can pile up.. and most women HATE doing. I also love how she breaks up the house into sections.. her plan would even work well for women who work, not only SAHMs.

Here are her 11 Commandments.. we all need to go by!
  1. Keep your sink clean and shiny.
  2. Get dressed every morning, even if you don’t feel like it. Don’t forget your lace-up shoes.
  3. Do your morning and before bedtime routine everyday.
  4. Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked by the computer.
  5. Pick up after yourself. If you get it out, put it away.
  6. Don’t try to do two projects at once. ONE JOB AT A TIME.
  7. Don’t pull out more than you can put back in one hour.
  8. Do something for yourself everyday, maybe every morning and night.
  9. Work as fast as you can to get the job done. This will give you more time to play later.
  10. Smile even when you don’t feel like it. It is contagious. Make your mind up to be happy and you will be.
  11. Don’t forget to laugh everyday. Pamper yourself, you deserve it.
I do so much better when I put myself on a schedule and stick to it... so I thought that would help us all. When your home is in order.. life is so much less stressful!

BONUS - FREEBIE FRIDAY - over on our giveaways site, we are giving away a Beaba Babycook - Babyfood Maker. It is valued at $150 - enter at http://www.chicgiveaways.com/.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

traci said...

Keep them coming...I needed the cleaning part today for sure as I was stressing about the house and breaking more than one of the rules.hahahha I sent my sister the link so she can read as well. Keep the tips coming....

Holly said...

I love it! congrats on #2! I try to never start something that I can't finish i.e. laundry. I also try and pick up every night and make sure the sink is empty so I don't wake up to a mess.