Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Are you from a town where "everybody knows your name"?

I currently have the theme song from Cheers in my head when thinking about Justin's home town. We were there last week. It is a VERY SMALL town in Missouri. I mean like, 240 people small. When driving through their little town, they can tell me who lives at almost every house. We go up to the Fish House (the only restaurant and only open on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays) to eat dinner and they know the owners and everyone in the place. I love going to the Fish House (I forgot to take a picture)... not only for the great food, but for all the people you see. Through Facebook and the blog, I have gotten to know alot of those sweet people. Their town could not be more opposite from the big area in Florida where I grew up and I love it!

When driving through... you will see nothing but flat farm land. Justin used to quiz me on what was growing in each field. I had no idea. The only farm I had been on was when I went home with my friend, Laine, in college. Her family had a tobacco farm. Tobacco was the only crop I knew. Now I can pick out beans, cotton, rice, wheat, and corn. Yes, I am sure you are proud of me.

Kate loved being at her Maw-Maw's and Paw-Paw's (Justin's parents). They have so much land and all these fun toys.

Their golf cart was Kate's favorite. Paw-Paw (Justin's dad) was so excited to take her on it. The first morning we were there he took her for a ride. She loved it and constantly went to the door and waved, bye.. translation... Please take me on the golf cart again.
Kate with her Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw on the golf cart.. seriously, I think the majority of her time was spent on that golf cart. They would drive around their property and to their garden.

I love the background in this picture.. it gives you a great picture of their property and the farm land that surrounds their home and town. In this picture is John (Justin's dad), Kate, Justin and Sara Beth (our niece).Here is Kate in the garden picking corn with her maw-maw (Justin's mom).

She also rode their go cart. John has a couple of go carts. He is planning on building a go cart track on their property... isn't that fun?? Kate is riding it here with her uncle Brandon.

Kate's Paw-Paw took her for a ride on the tractor (my favorite). He said that as soon as he would go, she would squirm around and try to pull all the levers. She is so curious!

This is the best picture I could find of me and Kate.. she wanted down to play and probably get back on the golf cart... and I am sure she was annoyed at all the pictures I was taking. I think I annoyed all his family on this trip!

I wanted to make sure I got some pictures of Kate with Justin's grandparents. Here she is with Justin's grandma, "Ma". Ma and Pa (Justin's grandparents) are so wonderful. They remind me of my grandparents. They are the epitome of what you would think the perfect grandparents should be.

Kate with Pa.

I love this picture of the two of them...

There were two eventful and funny things that happened on this trip.. One consisted of almost buring down their house on fourth of July and the other consists of someone's stomach problems. I'll probably post those stories on Thursday. Tomorrow I am going to post an amazing recipe for stuffed hamburgers... and a new type of grill we used at the Lake.. stay tuned...

No comments: