Friday, January 21, 2011

Kate's Snow Cream.. The Experience

We (meaning Kate and I) experienced snow cream for the first time today.  I am from Florida, so my opportunity to make snow cream has been limited by 60 degree lows and... well, no snow.  Justin said this type of snow was the best for making snow cream.  So, we gathered up some snow and here is the recipe / experience.  It actually tasted delicious!  (I was skeptical.)

Ingredients:

1/2 gallon snow (please, top layer of snow only)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tablespoon Vanilla
1 cup Half and Half (or milk)


Dump snow into a large bowl.


Pour in Half and Half.


Add Vanilla.  (Justin doesn't measure, but it came out delicious).


Add Sugar.



Stir.

Enjoy!



Justin had the day off today, so while John took a nap.. we played in the snow.  (We meaning, I stayed on the porch and took pictures while Justin and Kate played in the snow).


That little mound of snow is their snow man.  (A little pitiful)


She had to wear her favorite princess hat and her favorite scarf.




1 comment:

Emily Coates said...

This is absolutely adorable! :-) I might have to use that recipe the next time it snows here! And that picture of Justin and Kate is so cute! I miss you and hope you're doing well! You have to come back to NC sometime soon. :-) God bless!