Thursday, January 20, 2011

Confession: I'm an ADDICT


What is one word to describe yourself? I have been contemplating this question and unfortunately my answer is, addict.

I am addicted to:

-Having Stuff
-Name Brands
-Being Liked
-Trying to be perfect (always fail at this)
-Scents (currently Tyler "celebrity")
-Hugging and kissing my kids
-Food
-Twitter / Facebook
-IPhone (to make matters worse, I want an IPad)
-Beating my husband at Words With Friends (I've even resorted to cheating)

I want to be addicted to:

-God's Word/Bible (reading)
-Memorizing God's Word
-Reading
-Changing (to become like Christ)

Several bloggers (here and here) wrote about "One Word 2011". Instead of making a list of resolutions, you choose one word to guide how you live in 2011. I am the most indecisive person and over think everything.

It has taken me almost a month to figure out my "one word", but here it is:

LOVE

I want love to direct everything I do.  My verse for the year:

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” - John 13:34-35

I want the word that describes me to change.  I want my life to be a synonym for LOVE.

What is one word to describe yourself?  Do you have "One Word" for 2011?  Do you have a verse for the year?




No comments: