Friday, January 23, 2009

Why are women so sensitive about their age?

It was my 31st birthday on Wednesday and I have been contemplating a question.. Why are women so sensitive about their age? I got a call from a friend of mine and she told me... that past thirty... birthdays don't really matter.. it is all down hill from there. The sad thing is, I agreed with her.

So, I know we all (well, most of us) struggle with getting older (Thirties, Forties and Fifties seem young to me now, but I remember a time with I thought Thirty was so old).

I am seriously starting to worry about wrinkles. I have them around my eyes. I have talked about them so much, I have my husband worried about his wrinkles. I noticed the other day that he came home with two different creams.. one that L'Oreal makes for men and the generic version of Oil of Olay. He has been diligently applying the creams every evening. I am really starting to feel guilty for making such a big deal about my wrinkles. He is younger than me and he looks like he is about twenty.

I know this is quite vain, but I have found some beauty products that I can't live without. I am still in search of some others that I need. I thought I would share and I would love your feedback on what works for you - Especially the ones that I am in search of.

Hair Products:
Kerastase - Shampoo, Conditioner and products {Expensive, but life changing}
Chi -Pro- Hair Dryer {I got one for my birthday, I don't dread blow drying my hair anymore}

Make Up:
Bare Minerals - I think it does make my skin better. {I use their foundation, mineral veil, blush and concealer}
Mac - Eye Shadow, Lip Gloss and Make Up brushes {I have had my brushes for about 10 years.. they are the best and worth the investment}
Bobbi Brown - Eye Shadow
Lancome - Eye Liner Pencil

I am DESPERATELY in search of:
A life changing Eye Cream and Face Cream. I have tried so many, and none of them have been that great.

So, I am sorry for the vain and non-eternal significance of this post... Getting older has been hard for me and although I can't stop the clock...hopefully with the help of these products... they will help me with the aging process.

No comments: