Thursday, August 20, 2009

Did you go "poo-poo"?

Kate is at the age where she is picking up everything. It seems like she learns a couple new words each week. It really blows my mind. I am going to warn you that I am mainly writing this post for me to remember this incredible moment we had this week. I do not want to brag at how brillant my 15th month old is... but she came up to me the other day and said, "mama, poo-poo". I was shocked and asked her, "Kate, did you go poo-poo?" She had in fact gone and needed her diaper changed. I was so excited.. (yes, I know it is sad when you get excited that your daughter said "poo-poo".) I am ready to get the Babywise book on potty training (although I realize it is probably a little early).

Oh.. and the point of this story... be careful what you say to your kids.. I realized that I ask her everytime she needs her diaper changed if she went poo-poo.. and she picked up on it. I am glad I never asked her if she crapped her pants.. I could just imagine her saying to her Sunday School teacher..." ______, crapped."

This is for me.. but I wanted to post the words she is saying and the signs she is using at 15 months. I am going to try to post them in the order she learned them (I am sure I have left some out.. I have a terrible memory).

Words:

Dada
Mama
Toby (which she now pronounces toboo - I have no idea why)
Papa
Pappap
Poo (as in Winnie the Poo)
Bye Bye
Night Night
Help
Shoes
Poo-poo

Signs:

Milk
More
Waves Bye
All Done
Dog
Eat
Please
Help

No comments: