Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Need a new favorite, fast recipe? Kielbasa, Veggies and Rice

I am taking a break from blogging this week.. don't worry, I do have stories to tell, but they will have to wait until next week. I decided to go ahead and post a recipe today.. mainly because I cooked this on Monday and it was so EASY, FAST and really good! We had it again for leftovers last night and Justin kept telling me how good it was. To make it even better is a recipe you can easily adjust depending on what you have on hand.

My friend, Amy told me about this recipe and I decided to try it. You really don't even need a "recipe", but here you go.

I always forget to take a picture of the recipes, but you will get the idea.

Kielbasa and Veggies with Rice

INGREDIENTS:
Kielbasa (1 package per 3-4 people)
Veggies (what ever you have on hand or whatever you like) (I only had onions, so I only made it with onions)
3 Onions (sliced)
Green Peppers (sliced)
Mushrooms (sliced)
Salt
Pepper
Emeril's Essence
2 Tablespoons Butter

Rice (white, dirty, jambalaya) {I had jambalaya, so that is what we used)

DIRECTIONS:
-Turn on Grill to Heat (medium heat)
-Start Cooking your favorite Rice.
-Tear off a two large pieces of foil (To make a foil pouch)
-Slice Kielbasa and place on foil.
-Place sliced veggies over Kielbasa.
-Sprinkle Salt, Pepper and Emeril's Essence over veggies.
-Place two tablespoons of butter on top of veggies.
-Cover and seal foil - to make a pouch and make sure it is sealed (you may need a couple pieces of foil).
-Place pouch directly over burner on grill.
-Cook for 30-40 min.
-Remove from grill, place in pan and serve over your favorite rice.

No comments: