Her husband, Curt, makes the most delicious, fall off the bone ribs on the grill. We have attempted to make them about 4 times. I think we have it somewhat perfected.
So.. today's Recipe Wednesday is inspired by Curt and Jennifer. I am going to post Curt's Ribs recipe and Jennifer's Hash brown Casserole. These are our favorites that they make. Trust me, this is a meal you will love and it is perfect for entertaining. (**Note, this is a time consuming meal.. but OH SO WORTH IT!)
**I realize that most women are leary about grilling. I used to be the same way, but it is so easy!! Try it, if I can do it.. trust me.. you can do it!
Curt's Fall off the Bone Ribs
3 Racks of Baby Back Ribs (this will feed 6-10 people)
Pork Rub Seasoning
1 Box of Brown Sugar
Favorite BBQ Sauce
-Preheat grill to 300 degrees (*This recipe calls for indirect heat. Only use one burner on your grill. Ribs will be placed over burners that are NOT on.)
-Cut each rack of ribs into thirds.
- Lightly coat each 1/3 of rack of ribs with pork seasoning and 1/4 cup of brown sugar. (Coat both sides of ribs with seasoning and brown sugar).
-Wrap each 1/3 rack of ribs in foil, making sure ribs are completely sealed in foil.
- Place ribs in preheated grill, close cover. (Place ribs over burners that are OFF. We have a three burner grill. We leave the center burner on and place the ribs over the left and right burners that are off.)
- Cook Ribs at 300 degrees for 6 hours. Check grill every 30 min. to make sure grill is on and temperature is at 300 degrees.
- After 6 hours, check ribs. They should be very tender. If they are not tender leave on grill for another 30 min.
- Remove ribs from foil and place directly over flame. Grill on each side for about 2 min, brushing each side with your favorite BBQ Sauce. Serve with additional sauce on the side.
Jennifer's Hash Brown Casserole
1- 1lb, 14 oz bag frozen shredded hash browns
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 8oz container French Onion Dip
1/2 cup onion (diced)
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 stick melted butter
1 1/2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Mix the soups, dip, onion, cheese, salt and pepper together.
- Fold in half the bag of has browns at a time
-Pour into greased baking dish.
-Pour melted butter over mixture and cover with the corn flakes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.