Saturday, January 10, 2009

Can I sum up the past 7 weeks in one paragraph?

Ok, so my resolution to become more disciplined is working. I have to prioritize and I am sorry to say the blogging is not at the top of my priorities. So I thought I would catch everyone up in one blog.
Thanksgiving -(in Florida) it was great. My family (on my dad's side) had some minor drama which resulted in us have two Thanksgivings. Although there was one aunt missing at each of the two Thanksgiving dinners, everyone ended up having a great time. I obviously have left out a lot of details about the drama... I thought I would spare you and share a picture of all us on Kate's first Thanksgiving. I do want to add... that I really miss Florida. The weather was perfect when we were there!! We have already planned another trip for March and I can't wait!

Justin's Birthday - Dec. 11th. He turned 29. I am terrible at birthday parties and usually just end up making him his favorite dinner at home. I always get him his favorite cake. This year (on the day of his birthday) I decided to call some of his friends to meet for lunch and surprise him. We went to La Cocina (his favorite Mexican restaurant).

Christmas - (in Missouri) I love Christmas! It really is my favorite time of year. I will leave my next post to tell you about the gifts Justin got me. Last night I asked him what was going through his head when bought me the gifts and I was laughing so hard I was crying. In this post, I will focus on our little girl. Christmas is so much fun with little ones. I can't wait for the years to come. She loved opening presents and playing with her cousins. She acted perfect and stayed perfectly on her schedule (until we got home). Justin's parents and sister spoiled her rotten.
New Years - (Lynchburg, VA) We took the youth to Liberty University for Winterfest and we took them skiing for a day at Wintergreen. It was so much fun and brought back so many memories. It also reminded me of how old I am getting. I love skiing... but I skied so SLOW. I was like a grandma coming down those slopes. Justin even said to me, "I don't remember you being that slow." I got a little faster, but seriously I am getting old!

No comments: