Thursday, February 3, 2011

Easy Wing Recipe - Italian Parmesan Wings



In honor of it being Super Bowl week... I have to share a wing recipe.

This recipe is easy and involves no frying.

The first restaurant where best wings in the country are made is in my home town. The name/place is controversial... so I'll leave it up to your imagination.

I grew up with a single dad... I am a wing connoisseur. (I know, I'm fancy like that.)

I prefer my wings breaded, fried, smothered with hot buffalo sauce and served with ranch.

I live in Arkansas now, and they don't have a great wing place (they have some ok ones).

I wanted to share an EASY and versatile wing recipe. It is not as good as the breaded and fried ones, but a good and healthier alternative. The base recipe can be made with any dressing or even BBQ sauce.

Italian Parmesan Wings

Ingredients:

10 lbs of Chicken Wings
1 16 oz Jar of your favorite Italian or Vinaigrette dressing (it is best if it has Parmesan in it)
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (it can even be out of the jar)
Salt & Pepper to Taste



1. Place Chicken Wings in 2-3 gallon size zip lock bags.

2. Season generously with Salt and Pepper.



3. Evenly pour dressing over chicken.



4. Let marinade (in fridge) for 1-3 days.


5. Line 2 large jelly roll pans with foil (for easy clean up).

6.  Lay chicken out on 2 large jelly roll pans.



7. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.

8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cook for another 5 minutes.


I sprinkled them with a little parsley for color.


Enjoy!


Parmesan Herb Wings

Ingredients:

10 lbs of Chicken Wings
1 16 oz Jar of your favorite Italian dressing (it is best if it has Parmesan in it)
1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (it can even be out of the jar)
Salt & Pepper to Taste

1. Place Chicken Wings in 2-3 gallon size zip lock bags.

2. Season generously with Salt and Pepper.

3. Evenly pour dressing over chicken.

4. Let marinade for 1-3 days.

5. Line 2 large jelly roll pans with foil (for easy clean up). 

6.  Lay chicken out on 2 large jelly roll pans. 

7. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cook for another 5 minutes.



No comments: