Monday, February 7, 2011

Dream Home?

When you think of your "dream home", what picture comes to mind?

My mind goes to the above picture. This is a picture of Hulk Hogan's home. I've been in that home several times. It is only a few minutes away from the home (much smaller home) I grew up in. I babysat for them (about 15 years ago) and I used to work for his ex-wife, Linda.

I can honestly say it is the most beautiful home I've ever seen with my own eyes.

These pictures do not do it justice.


We were at my sister-in-laws house for a Super Bowl party last night. They just built a house and it is incredibly beautiful. A guy in our life group told Justin that their house was the nicest home he had ever stepped foot in.

I assure you that I will never own a home as nice as the one above or one as nice as my sister-in-law's.

Confession: I daydream of owning a home like that.

When I catch myself in a daydream, I have to remind myself... it is not the style or beauty of the house that really matters.

The atmosphere and relationships within the home are what is important. Those will make lasting impressions and will be remembered forever. Generally, it is not a home itself that causes one to be sentimental; it is the memories that took place within the home.

It causes me to ask myself, what kind of "dream home" do I want?

My "dream home" consists of a place where my husband and kids feel loved, comfortable and secure. A place where God is glorified and honored in everything we say and do.

I love this quote:


"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave." -Martin Luther


What does your "dream home" look like?


What are you doing to make a "dream home"?


Leave a comment below, I'd love to hear.





1 comment:

Pete & Juli Junkersfeld said...

I do the same thing. Pete and I both daydream about big gorgeous houses! I just try to remind myself that a big gorgeous HOUSE is only as good as the HOME that's built within!