Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Did Murphy's Law Apply? Kate's First Birthday Party

Do you have those friends or family members who are "Debbie Downers"? I may have had someone tell me that she hopes everything will go well for Kate's party because, you know how it goes... "if anything can go wrong, it will." (Yea, thanks)

I am the type of person that will stress over everything that could go wrong. I even had a bad dream the night before the party. I dreamed that I was picking up the food and my watch said it was 11:30am, but my watch had stopped and it was actually 1:30pm (the party was at 12:00pm). I missed the party and my guest had no food or cake. Yes, I have issues. (Isn't the first step to recovery admitting it?)

Well, I am happy to tell you that nothing went wrong. We were so afraid that it was going to rain, but the weather was great. Everything turned out perfect. Kate was so overwhelmed and didn't know what to think of it all. She was a trooper!

My family was here to help us set everything up. I could not have done it without them. My cousins (who usually sleep until 3pm on Saturdays) were even up early helping us.

Here are several of my favorite pictures from the party.
The cupcake tower. No, I didn't make the cupcakes. They were from the Cupcake Shoppe in Raleigh. For you NC people, if you have never been there.. you have to go. It is so cute!
Kate in her cute little outfit. It was a hand-me-down from her cousin, Sara Beth. It was perfect for her special day.
We got Kate a Princess Play land from Ragland Productions. It was so cute!
Kate with her friend Aaron.
Kate with her friend Caitlyn.
Eating her cupcake... She didn't exactly dive in. She took a little while to warm up to it. She ended up loving it!
Sorry, I lied.. she did eventually dive in.
Kate with her Aunt Sharon.
Our little princess. I can't believe how big she is getting and I much I love her!

2 comments:

Hocutt Baptist Church said...

I am so thrilled the party was wonderful. You are truly a great Southern Mom! We like to do parties like this. So glad I found your blogspot....love you and appreciate all you do....Betsy

Unknown said...

Oh how cute! Nicole, you did a great job!!! Kate looks so adorable - like her mommy! Tina