Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Will I ever get over it?


I have been having a hard time with Kate growing up. I know she is still a baby, but it amazes me everyday how much she is changing. I feel like she kind of understands us now... especially when we say.."no". She has such a cute personality and gives me these big smiles that makes my heart melt.

My aunt came to visit (and babysit) last week. We did this amazing weekend with our youth... and I could not have been involved if it wasn't for her. I snapped this picture right before she left and it is one of my favorites that I have of her and Kate. This picture has two of my favorite people in it. I think my aunt adores Kate just as much as Justin and I do. I am so thankful to have her in our lives... she is amazing extension of my grandma (who I miss so much). I was showing Kate a picture of my grandma Eileen today. I was telling her about my grandma. I so badly wish she was still here to help me raise her.

I realized there are two things I don't ever think I will get over... being sad about Kate getting older and missing my grandma. Please remember to cherish each and every moment you have with everyone in your family. Time flies by and life is so short... these two things always catch up with each other (usually too soon).

2 comments:

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Nicole,

Great post! Very insightful! I is so important to cherish our time with loved ones!!

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
please pray for the many requests that may
be found on our main page?

May the Lord bless and enrich your ministry!! :)

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast
grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons (top
sidebar @ LighthousePrayerLine.org). Be
blessed and be a blessing!

Q&K said...

Hi Nicole!
I found your page off of Kristi's. Your daughter is just adorable. I feel the SAME way about my lil' Colton growing up. I cried for like 2 days when he turned one. I completely understand. Email me sometime- kristin_kocher@yahoo.com. I'll send you a link to our blog too! -kristin kocher